We look for highly motivated students and researchers to join us. Should you choose to join LAMB@CUHK, you will work on high impact interdisciplinary research topics, ranging from optics and mechanics to biology and medicine. Positioned for making cutting-edge research innovations, we actively collaborate with world leading laboratories on highly interdisciplinary research projects. For students and researchers accomplished solid research training, Prof. Zhou would fully support their career advances. If you are interested in joining us, please contact Prof. Zhou at rjzhou at cuhk dot edu dot hk with your updated CV and a short self-introduction to facilitate our communication. Currently, we have the following openings:
(1) We have multiple Postdoc Fellow positions supported by HKUST-MIT Research Alliance Consortium and Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission. The projects aim to develop next generation biomedical optical imaging technologies for cutting-edge applications in regenerative medicine, clinical testing, immunology, organelle interactions, etc. We offer very competitive salary to successful candidate (up to 50k USD/year or more depending on qualifications). This contract is renewable subject to good performance. The application deadline is September 31, 2021. Check here for more details.
(2) We have multiple Mphil/PhD openings with full scholarship (~ 18,000 HKD monthly stipend). Students are welcome to contact Prof. Zhou to indicate his/her interests (click here for official application procedures). If you have any questions regarding application requirements and/or filling up the online application forms, please contact Ms. Joyce Chan at joyce dot chan at cuhk dot edu dot hk. Prof. Zhou will recommend exceptional candidates to apply for the prestigious Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) (25,100 HKD/month stipend, approximately 3218 USD/month + conference travel allowance of 12,600 HK$/year + tuition waiver + 20,000 HKD relocation award). Before your application to HKPFS, please consult with Prof. Zhou first for eligibility. Click here for the HKPFS workshop information.
(3) We also constantly look for motivated undergraduate students for final year projects or summer projects with the prospect of joining LAMB lab as PhD students
(4) Short-term researchers or visiting scholars at different levels.
Why Joining Us?
(1) LAMB Lab@CUHK is young and fast growing; we focus on improving life quality by developing cutting-edge technologies in laser metrology and imaging to impact research from material and biology to medicine.
(2) Our Department is the first Biomedical Engineering Department in Hong Kong, and we expect to significantly expand and grow in the near future. According to Shanghai Ranking of Academic Subjects in 2021, Biomedical Engineering at CUHK is now ranked top 18 in the world (No. 1 in Hong Kong) (https://www.shanghairanking.com/rankings/gras/2021/RS0208).
(3) CUHK is one of the two comprehensive universities in Hong Kong that have medical schools; biomedical engineering research aligns well with CUHK's strategic focus.
(4) CUHK is a leading research university in China and Asia, and it is also well recognized internationally (consistently placed around top 50 in the world at different rankings).
(5) CUHK is a bilingual (English and Chinese) university (note that our teaching is conducted in English), and we embrace different cultures and respect diversities (with a large body of international students from all over the world).
Welcome to join LAMB Lab!